Friday, May 25, 2012

Life sure has its curveballs!

Memorial Day Weekend has arrived!  It's a time to welcome Summer, and take a quiet moment to thank and reflect on the sacrifices made by those who served protecting our country.

Since my last post, I had a skype interview, and I honestly didn't know how it went. Evidently it went well, because JMU contacted me to invite me down to campus June 3rd-June5th for the final interview process!!! I was soo shocked and humbled! I can't wait to go!  I have to give a presentation teaching scanning to a non-tech savvy individual.  I couldn't have asked for a better topic.  I LOVE teaching scanning, it's so important to preserving our history for the future!  I've begun work organizing to cogs in my brain and consulting the DAIL Procedure Manual which I wrote during my final  year at USM.  Regardless of the information I'm providing, I have to think about how to present the information.  I've decided to practice and play with Prezzi for my presentation format.  I never had time during my time at Simmons to sit down, play, and use Prezzi, so since I have a week and a half to prepare, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm liking it so far.  Yes it's "bouncy" but I prefer it to standard PowerPoint because I can display screen captures in a more unique way, so I can explain, move, and move back without breaking a rhythm.  The presentation's halfway along, so I'm going to guinea pig on my parents who are the ideal non-techy candidates to test run this and tweak it! 

Aside from these opportunities, I've continued sewing and have made some progress on my research advisor's bag! 

Basting Canvas to the Panels.



All of this will end up as a bag!
Exterior Panels, pleated with attached handles.


I think the bag is coming along nicely!  I'm SO pleased with the coordinating fabric and the patterned panel fabric.  This is SO Martha, and she's going to love it!












I also took some time to organize my growing mess of pattern pieces.  My recommendation is using enclosed folders -- works great!


 On another, sad note.  My friend Emily and I had one last Berryline Adventure this week before she ships back to Iowa to start her post-grad adventure!  I'm going to miss her so much, and it's surreal that she leaves tomorrow.  All the best to you Em!  Here's my favorite photo of Emily and Stella snuggling for one last time.

Well that's all for now!

Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment