Thursday, May 10, 2012

Let the crafting begin!

This whole "free time" concept is still bizarre to get used to.

I have been working diligently at the MFA, selling memberships and interning in the Visual Archives.  The Slide Bank has shrank 5 cubes since the beginning of the project over a year ago! Crazy!  That's a lot of archival space that will be gained in the end!  I hope to empty another cube once I'm through processing the Asian Art section.

Heather Bailey- Nicey Jane : Lindy Leaf - Pink
I'm finally getting my butt in gear and have started developing new sewing projects again!  My research advisor deserves a bag, completely!  Here's a sneak peak of what it's based off of:
Pics of it's development will follow once I get the rest of the fabric in!
Oh, and it's just like the Amy Butler Cosmo Bag that I made for myself (featured in a previous post).

Also, I'm going to finally complete the quilt I started when I was 11.  The quilt top is finished, now I just need to sandwich it all together and do the binding.  Lot's of fun projects on the side to keep me busy.

What else is new in post-Grad life? Job applications.  I've finally received some solid rejections from positions which I had applied for back in JANUARY!  But that's OK, life takes you somewhere.

BUT in other SUPER exciting news, my DREAM job contacted me for a skype interview next week! EEEEE! Keep your fingers crossed because this position is why I went to graduate school.  I'm just flattered that they are acknowledging me and giving me an interviewing chance! 

I saw the Avengers with Austin and his friends, and was pleasantly surprised!  It was amazing. Joss Weydon did an AMAZING job with the characters and overlapping storylines.  A++  Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment